Download my résumé (PDF).
Kari J. Larson
Detail-oriented and driven Master of Library and Information Science student with exceptional computer-based skills. Excellent communication and organizational abilities with a resourceful approach to solving diverse problems. Hardworking and knowledgeable professional with a strong desire to learn and contribute to team success.
- WCAG2.0/AA web accessibility standards
- Research skills
- Fast learner
- Responsive design
- Excellent communication skills
Master: Library And Information Science, May 2019
St. Catherine University – St. Paul, MN
- GPA of 3.969
- Coursework in Internet Fundamentals & Design, Database Management, and Advanced Databases
Bachelor of Arts: Geography
University Of Minnesota - Twin Cities – Minneapolis, MN
- Minored in Design
- Minored in Architecture
Web Development Practicum Student, 01/2019 to Current
University Of Minnesota Libraries – Minneapolis, MN
- Evaluate library website for links that need to be updated to LibGuide URLs and make necessary changes in Drupal.
- Create open access textbook by converting text from Microsoft Word documents to HTML using Pressbooks book publishing software.
- Conduct informational interviews to understand the requirements needed to manage and support a large academic library website.
Records Management Intern, 05/2017 to Current
Metropolitan Council – Minneapolis, MN
- Manage the department's SharePoint site.
- Use Windows PowerShell to take inventory of and clean up department shared drive.
- Lead meetings with Manager and Supervisors of four departments within Rail Systems Maintenance to review the files on their shared drive and determine their business needs.
- Develop recordkeeping systems for department documents to optimize operations.
- Earned an Essential Leadership certificate by completing 10 in-person and online trainings.
Graduate Assistant, 03/2016 to 04/2017
St. Catherine University – St. Paul, MN
- Researched the accreditation process for Baccalaureate and Graduate business degrees.
- Organized existing files and information while assessing what was still needed for accreditation application.
- Worked with the Master of Business Administration Director to create and execute plans.
Research Intern, 02/2016 to 03/2017
Center For Homicide Research – Minneapolis, MN
- Created and presented a training on annotated bibliographies for the Center's other interns.
- Audited database to ensure data accuracy and consistency within the Center's foundational data as well as with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's published crime statistics.
- Created a database and corresponding code book in Microsoft Excel and populated it with results from surveys in order to analyze the data.
- Researched 40 homicide cases using the internet, library, online databases, and court records and archived the information according to the Center's protocol, creating documentation of the process.
- Thought critically about and discussed homicide crime patterns, statistics, and cases with supervisors and fellow interns.
Morning Stock Staff, 03/2013 to 02/2016
Menards – Apple Valley, MN
- Assisted an average of 30 guests of diverse cultural and socioeconomic background per week to locate items within the plumbing department and other parts of the store.
- Stocked the correct quantity of products using their SKU numbers; identified and labeled overstock quantities.
After School Coordinator, 08/2007 to 05/2008
City of Saint Paul AmeriCorps VISTA – St. Paul, MN
- Created and maintained Excel spreadsheets to track the names and demographic information of 360 students attending Neighborhood Learning Community's after-school programs.
- Assisted Supervisor in coordinating regular meetings and communication with over 20 community collaboration partners such as the Center for Democracy and Citizenship, Neighborhood House, and four neighborhood schools, to facilitate clear communication across organizations.
- Developed advertising materials, publications, and presentations to advertise over 15 after-school activities to the diverse West Side community.